UniPID launches a call to support the fieldwork for Master’s theses on global development issues. The grants of up to 1000 euros will be awarded to individuals who are in the process of collecting data and writing their Master’s theses and whose thesis process would benefit from a travel grant to a destination outside Finland.
Thegrants are awarded for Master’s theses whose topics are related to any of UniPID’s core expertise areas such as development studies, developing country research, international development, sustainable development or Global South research.
- An application letter, which describes your thesis topic, the amount of money you are applying for, the amount of progress you have made so far towards completion of your thesis and how much work remains to be done, and the reasons why a travel grant would support your thesis process and the completion of your degree (max. 1 page).
- Your master’s thesis research plan.
- A breakdown, including sums, of other funding you have applied for or secured for the purposes of the same travel from other institutions providing funding, if any.
- A preliminary travel plan, including the destination and approximate duration of stay there, and an estimate of what costs the grant would be used for.
- A statement from one of your thesis supervisors testifying that the travel grant would aid your thesis writing process and that reflects on the thematic relevance of your thesis topic to UniPID’s focus areas.